26 October 2013

Control Robot Arm Remotely from the browser

My first Arduino project...
It's more like a proof of concept, it still has quite a few bugs, but would be a good starting point for anyone who needs to control and Arduino board from the web.
See it in action here:

All the code is here. Beware that there isn't much error handling neither in the python server code nor on the client java-script side.



I wanted to explore a bit the Arduino platform and got my self a Robotic Arm having 5 servos. First I made a small desktop application ( available with the rest of the code), then it crossed my mind to step forward and build an Android app to be able to control it from my phone/tablet, but this web approach seemed a good idea to provide access to Arduino from any device capable of running a browser ( new generation ).



I have used an old floppy disk cable because I am really bad at soldering and my own cable, ( 5 + 2 wires) would have never done the job.



Here is the "beautiful" user interface.









No comments: